This is the MG Hair pre-appointment page
Please read even if this isn't your first visit to the salon. Government legislation or MG Hair policy may have changed.
We assume that you have reached this page because your appointment is within the next 48 hours.
We need you to know what the procedure will be and what we expect from you. Your’s and our safety is the utmost concern so hopefully these measures can ensure this. Some may seem strange or different to how we have done things before but we need to make sure that we minimise any risk of spreading Covid-19. Any failure to adhere to these rules could result with us not being able to proceed with your service.
- Most importantly. If you have any Covid-19 symptoms then please call the salon on 01509558752 to re-arrange your appointment.
- If you have had a test and are waiting for results then please call 01509558752 to re-arrange you appointment for after you receive a negative test.
- If you are unable to make your appointment then please call 01509558752 to cancel. Missed appointments may be charged if less than 48hr notice is given.
- Please only enter the salon at your arranged appointment time. Only one person ( except for carers ) can enter the salon. Please do not bring friends or family members with you and please only bring the bare essentials with you.
- A face covering from 8th August will be needed in all hair salons ( anyone exempt from wearing one must have the exemption card / lanyard with them whilst in the salon ). We would like to note that we cannot be responsible for the condition of the face mask during your service. We may get colour on straps etc. Due to this we recommend that you use a disposable mask.
- If the reception area is looking busy with others that are paying then please could you wait outside until the reception area is cleared.
- Please use the hand sanitiser that is on the wall to your right as you enter.
- If we are running behind we may ask you to take a seat in reception. Please do not sit in any of the taped off seats.
- Once you are called through you will have an opportunity to hang your coat up. You will have to do this yourself.
- You will then be taken to either the seat or backwash where your service and stylist will be able to take you through your hair procedure. This will be as normal as possible and hopefully you will be able to relax and enjoy the experience.
- All guests that are having a service where the hair isn’t washed first ( These are Dry Cuts and any Colour Service ) should come to the hair salon with hair that has been washed that day, well brushed and ready for us to be able to start with only combs. We can only use brushes on clients that have had their hair washed in the salon so we cannot start by needing to brush your hair. After any Dry Cut, we will not be able to blow dry, use heated stylers or brushes on your hair.
- Every client will have a comb specifically for them. Scissors would have been in the UV steriliser after the last client. You will have a disposable gown that is a one use item.
- After your service the stylist will place their scissors into the UV sterilisers ready for the next client. All combs will be placed as always into the barbicide solution and not used again that day. The area will be wiped down with Barbicide Disinfectant. Brushes and stylers will only be used on hair that has been thoroughly washed.
- After your service you will be taken back to reception where you can collect your coat.
- payment would be preferred with contactless payment when possible. No offers or discounts can be applied at the moment.
- We then kindly ask you to leave the salon without loitering.
A few notes about how the salon may have changed since your last visit.
- Your stylist will be wearing PPE consisting of a face covering and disposable apron. Whether the face covering is full visor or mask and safety goggles will depend on government legislation at that time.
- The Government have made the wearing of a mask / face covering compulsory in indoor spaces where 2 metre rule is hard to maintain. This includes hair salons but the government wording is “other than where necessary to remove for treatments”.
- Hot and Cold drinks have now been permitted. These can only be served from disposable cups. You are allowed to remove your mask to drink but this must been done whilst social distancing rules apply. As such, drinks can only be served and drank whilst a colour is processing so the stylist is not within 2 metres of you. We are not allowed to serve any kind of food yet.
- Magazines, wireless charging points, use of any of our plugs etc will be not on offer. Although we have now arranged for digital magazines that you can read on certain smart phones and tablets if you have one.
- Toilets will be available but as a small staff force we will not be able to clean them directly after use. Please help us, if you use them then you are responsible for fully cleaning them with the provided disinfectant and any hand towels etc are properly disposed of in the bin. You must leave it as you found it. It’s the only way we can keep you and others safe.
- If you wish to bring any drinks or magazines for your time in the salon then this is fine. All we ask is that you take everything you bring to the salon away with you.
- No discounts, offers or vouchers will be valid in the salon until further notice.
With all of this, we really do want you to have the best experience possible. We want you to relax and get your hair done.4